Toku’s mission is to help companies engage with their customers efficiently. We have helped companies move all the voice communications to the cloud and recently embarked on creating products that help companies keep engaging with their customers no matter where their employees are working from.
Toku is currently getting into a scale-up mode. We want to continue creating momentum for our products in the APAC regions and helping customers with their communications needs. As we build the Operations foundation, we are looking for an experienced System Administrator who can help enhance and maintain our hardware and software. Want to be part of our journey?
What would you be doing?
You will report to our Head of Operations. You will be responsible for maintaining, upgrading and managing our hardware and software. In this role, you will be expected to protect our critical information, systems, and assets. Building solutions and assist in the development of an overall IT strategy. You will be given challenging assignments and expected to be taking ownership and responsibility. You should have an excellent ability to solve problems using your in-depth understanding of information systems and computing solutions. You will also need to be a team player, willing to handle all support requests with courtesy and professionalism. If making an impact every day is important to you, and you enjoy tackling new challenges, you will love working at Toku. High-performing individuals will be expected and encouraged to take on leadership and management roles as the company grows.
What would you be responsible for:
- Proactively maintain and develop all Linux and Windows infrastructure technology to maintain a 24x7x365 uptime service
- Define and document best practices and support procedures on managing systems and services across all environments
- Proactively monitor system performance and capacity planning, support disaster recovery planning, testing, and execution
- Fault finding, analysis of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions
- Manage, coordinate, and implement software upgrades, hot fixes on servers, workstations, and network hardware
- Maintain and monitor all patch releases, design patch installation strategies, and maintain all systems according to NIST standardization.
- Identify and rectify any complex OS issues, ensure high availability and resiliency of production systems
- Handle the recovery and restoration of servers, provide technical assistance in system diagnostics, documentation, and errors.
- Provide input on ways to improve the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of the environment
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well as occasional weekend maintenance
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation, other duties as assigned
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
- At least five years of experience in Linux and Windows server administration
- In-depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Debian, Amazon Linux, etc; Windows Server 2019
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- Experience with Oracle, MySQL and MS SQL Server a plus
- Expert in Shell, Perl, Python scripting, automation tools like Ansible
- Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP
- Managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare, KVM or Microsoft Hyper-V
- Additional Linux certifications (RHCT, RHCE, etc) and Microsoft certifications will be considered an advantage
- Strong problem solving, communication and documentation skills
- Must be organized, flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Ability to create and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- An understanding of information legislation, such as the Data Protection Act.
What would you get?
- Flexible working locations
- Training and Development
- Discretionary Yearly Bonus & Salary Review
- Healthcare Coverage based on location
- 20 days Paid Annual Leave (excluding Bank holidays)
If you would love to experience working in a start-up growing at an accelerated speed, and you think you tick most of the requirements, join us!