Lead Full Stack Engineer – CCaaS
CBD, Selangor, Malaysia
At Toku, we create bespoke cloud communications and customer engagement solutions to reimagine customer experiences for enterprises. We provide an end-to-end approach to help businesses overcome the complexity of digital transformation in APAC markets and enhance their CX with mission-critical cloud communication solutions. Toku combines local strategic consulting expertise, bespoke technology, regional in-country infrastructure, connectivity and global reach to serve the diverse needs of enterprises operating regionally.
As we continue creating momentum for our products in the APAC region and helping customers with their communications needs, we are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Engineering Lead with expertise in developing CcaaS / CPaaS / UCaas and Voice related solutions. This is a newly created and impactful position during an exciting growth phase for the business. This role can be as an individual contributer or team manager depending on the strengths and experience of the candidate.
This is an impactful and pivotal role for the business that will require excellent implementation skills, and a deep understanding of Contact Centre projects and solutions powered using Amazon Connect and other AWS services. You will write beautiful, scalable code, automate access to our products and services, and ultimately help our customers successfully pursue their digital transformation journeys. The focus for this role will be development, patching and bug fixing of various modules of our customer facing contact centre platforms.
Want to be part of our journey?
What will you be doing?
- Manage the development of Contact Centre projects and solutions powered using Amazon Connect and other AWS services such as DynamoDB, Lambda, Lex, CloudFormation, Alexa Skill Builder, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, IAM, Polly, AWS CodePipeline, CodeCommit, CodeBuild, and AWS SDK-Boto3.
- Work closely with the VP of Engineering for processes alignment, and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Solution Architects, Senior Product Managers, and Delivery Managers, to ensure seamless alignment and achievement of common goals.
- Develop and enhance the tech stack as the business scales, leveraging your expertise in CCaaS, CPaaS, UCaaS, and Amazon/AWS technologies.
- Collaborate on a daily basis with a small, nimble team of product managers and engineers to understand business requirements and user experience goals and pain points, and to translate those into scalable solutions.
- Write and review testable, scalable code that supports and enhances the customer experience.
- Build modular, reusable components and features.
- Integrate third-party systems via APIs.
- Optimize the back-end database and front-end rendering performance in order to ensure a superior experience for interactions with the Toku Platform.
- Continuously work to bolster application design and implementation processes in order to improve quality and efficiency.
- Actively participate in regular code reviews.
- Depending on experience and capability, lead and manage a growing team of front-end and back-end developers, QA consultants, and external consultants, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Stay informed about emerging industry trends and advancements in the Contact Centre and Cloud Communication domains, and provide strategic recommendations for their integration into our products and services.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning and development, providing mentorship and guidance to team members to enhance their technical skills and professional growth.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong experience in executing development projects in Voice related, CCaaS, CPaaS or UcaaS domains, and/or Amazon/AWS technologies.
- Familiar and has worked with version control (Bitbucket, GitHub), unit test (PHPUnit, Mocha), HTML and CSS.
- Exposure to working with server configuration (Nginx, Apache) is a plus
- Knowledge about Docker, AWS Architecture, Serverless is a plus.
- Strategic mindset in selecting and implementing development technologies and methodologies to drive business growth.
- Knowledge of AWS services, including Lambda, Kubernetes, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, IAM, DynamoDB, and API Gateway.
- Strong knowledge and experience with API development and integration.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities with a focus on driving results.
What would you get?
- Flexible working locations
- Training and Development
- Discretionary Yearly Bonus & Salary Review
- Healthcare Coverage based on location
- 20 days Paid Annual Leave (excluding Bank holidays)
If you would love to experience working in a start-up growing at an accelerated speed, and you think you tick most of the requirements, join us!